University of Tehran- Alborz Campus Scholarships for International Students
UT-Alborz Campus scholarships provide financial grant to the selected number of academically eligible students. Scholarships are awarded each year and the amounts are subject to change. Scholarship offers will be made based on the CV and supporting documents of the applicants.
- Scholarship grants are contingent upon the applicant’s academic records and the availability of scholarships awarded by UT-Alborz Campus. The International Council of UT- Alborz Campus evaluates the study records of the applicants to make the decision.
- UT- Alborz Campus Scholarship is offered only for one degree program at UT- Alborz Campus. In exceptional cases and based on the previous degree achievements and approval of the department, applications of those who have received scholarship in their previous studies may be considered by UT- Alborz Campus International Council.
- Scholarship may cover one or several of the followings( in full or in part)
- Tuition fees of the UT-KIC
- Access to UT- Alborz Campus dormitories (single)
- Insurance (for the scholarship recipients and their immediate family members)
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition fees of Persian Language courses
- Students/Applicants who have already received scholarship from other sources in the I.R. of Iran are not eligible to receive the UT- Alborz Campus scholarship.
Priorities for the Selection:
These scholarships are awarded to the international applicants at UT- Alborz Campus who fulfill the requirements. Recipients are selected based on evaluation of academic achievements including CV and previous degrees.
UT- Alborz Campus scholarships are normally offered for the full period of study for which the students are liable to pay tuition fees. This is the same as the duration of the study, (2 years for M.A. and M.Sc. students and 4 years for Ph.D. students).
Scholarships for Current Students:
Current international M.Sc., M.A. and Ph.D. students at UT- Alborz Campus can apply for this selective, merit-based scholarship at the end of the second semester if:
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. students of Engineering, Basic Sciences and Fine Arts obtain a GPA of 17 out of 20 at the end of each academic semester.
- M.Sc., M.A. and Ph.D. students of other fields of study obtain a GPA of 18 out of 20 at the end of each academic semester.
- Ph.D. students must pass the comprehensive exam at the end of the 4th semester and also defend their Ph.D. proposal at the end of the 5th semester of their studies to be eligible for continuation of scholarship.
This scholarship may cover the tuition fees, access to UT- Alborz Campus dormitories, insurance, monthly stipend or tuition fees of Persian Language courses.
- The approved scholarships will be granted by UT- Alborz Campus.
- Financial need is not a criterion for selection.
- UT- Alborz Campus reserves the right to cancel an award at any time due to changes in a recipient’s enrollment and academic status.
- Recipient selection will be made at the discretion of the International Council of UT- Alborz Campus and in accordance with guidelines specified by UT.